Offsite Data Protection-Secure Storage for Backup Tapes
DataBank provides a comprehensive data security service, enabling companies to store their vital backup media in a secure and managed environment. Any type of backup media can be managed by DataBank, from backup tapes to removable hard disks, in fact everything you would need to restart your company in the event of a disaster.
In order to ensure recovery in the event of a disaster, the following guidelines for handling computer backup media should be adhered to at all times.
- Backup media must be taken offsite under the correct conditions at least once a week from your office.
- Computer backup media must be stored offsite at a constant temperature and relative humidity of 20 c / 50% RH.
- Security of sensitive backup media must be assured during transportation and storage.
- Best business practice dictates that backup media must be stored at least 3kms away from the data center.
- Computer backup media must be available to the IT department for immediate restore 24/7 all year round including weekends and holidays.